    Don't want to risk damaging it though...

    Any advice please?

    Thanks!

    Parasites Lost, Feb 24, 2005

  2. Parasites Lost

    Merv Guest

    see Cisco docs on 2524

    http://cco.cisco.com/en/US/products...ide_chapter09186a008007e3e5.html#xtocid209248

    Power Supply Considerations
    Check the power at your site to ensure that you are receiving "clean"
    power (free of spikes and noise). Install a power conditioner if
    necessary.

    Warning The device is designed to work with TN power systems. (To see
    translated versions of this warning, refer to the appendix "Translated
    Safety Warnings.")

    The router's AC power supply includes the following features:

    Autoselects either 110V or 220V operation.

    All units include a 6-foot (1.8-meter) electrical power cord. (A label
    near the power cord indicates the correct voltage, frequency, current
    draw, and power dissipation for the unit.)

    Warning This product relies on the building's installation for
    short-circuit (overcurrent) protection. Ensure that a fuse or circuit
    breaker no larger than 120 VAC, 15A U.S. (240 VAC, 10A international)
    is used on the phase conductors (all current-carrying conductors). (To
    see translated versions of this warning, refer to the appendix
    "Translated Safety Warnings.")

    The Cisco 2524 offers a direct current (DC) power supply. See the
    section "DC Power Specifications" in the chapter "Installing the Cisco
    2524 and Cisco 2525 Routers" for more information.

    Merv, Feb 24, 2005