  1. I have a Cisco 2507 router and need to connect the serial port (DB-60) to
    the lab network (RJ-45). Does anyone know the product or transceiver device
    to make this work? Thanks

    Scott J. Burrows, Nov 10, 2007

  2. Scott,

    DB-60 connector is SERIAL interface, you cannot connect it to Ethernet port.
    You may, depending on cable connected, use the interface as V.35, RS-232,
    etc., but not Ethernet. Cisco 2507 router (if it's what you have), has
    16-ports integrated Ethernet hub, but I believe logically they all appear as
    one Ethernet interface.

    Good luck,

    Mike
    CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc.
    CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

    headsetadapter.com, Nov 10, 2007

  3. Another Cisco 250x router with a DCE-DTE DB60 cable between the two
    will do it..

    Doug McIntyre, Nov 10, 2007