Cisco 2500/Cisco 1900 Switch/Cable Modem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by asmohamed12, Aug 22, 2007.

  1. asmohamed12

    asmohamed12

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    does anybody know anything about cisco networking? Here's my trouble...

    I have a cable modem through sudden link cable
    Internet services. I have a Cisco 2514 router and a Catalyst 1900 series
    switch. I have the router and switch configured properly,
    but I can't connect at all to the outside world. Without even worrying
    about the switch, I can't get the router hooked up to the cable modem
    RJ45 (via a transceiver) to talk to each other. I can't figure out why.
    Can someone please help me with this, I feel I'm close and out of all
    the books I have, none are helpful with this.

    Can someone tell me what they would do...from the beginning... so I can figure that things out properly!!!

    Thanks guys!!

    asmohamed12, Aug 22, 2007