Cisco 1721 basic routing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nickphipps, Oct 30, 2006.

  1. nickphipps

    nickphipps

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    I could really do with some help to get the financial controller here at work off my back. :)

    I have the current hardware situation:

    lan1 (192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0) <--> (192.168.2.11)cisco 1721(192.168.3.250) <--> lan2 (192.168.3.0 255.255.255.0)

    This is a hardware situation I can do nothing about.
    The default router on lan1 is set to route all traffic for 192.168.3.x to 192.168.2.11 and lan2 default router routes 192.168.2.x traffic to 192.168.3.250 (Both lan's have internet access, I'll set the access lists to only allow lat to lan traffic and not public trafic across the cisco).

    lan2 is on the router's default ethernet0 connection and lan1 is on FastEthernet0

    Some complete muppet set the router up with the following config and it's not working.

    IOS is not my problem but rather the cisco config file is what is throwing me. Any idea what the mess below SHOULD be?:...

    Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
    nickphipps, Oct 30, 2006

  2. nickphipps

    nickphipps

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    another question... is it necessary to block DHCP (bootpc) across the link?

    The reason for the required split in the lans is lan1 has for all effective purposes all 254 IPs assigned and the link between sites is slower than the local internet access, and I don't want public traffic using the link.

    If I remove the router the two lans break due to DHCP confusion accross the link. lan1 computers get lan2 dhcp and vice versa and the link goes crazy with rogue traffic.

    Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
    nickphipps, Oct 30, 2006

  3. nickphipps

    nickphipps

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Never mind. In the time since I posted this question I read the entire course literature for the CCNA course and fixed it myself. For shame.

    nickphipps, Nov 5, 2006
  4. nickphipps

    adelaidenanjala

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi please send for me ccna2 final test or exam am in need. yours faithful adelaide

    adelaidenanjala, Nov 13, 2006