Cisco 1720 Router, - Can it do, SSH, Telnet, SDM ?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Darragh.Grealish, Oct 10, 2006.

  1. Hi All

    I'm new to all the cisco gear, and it's ISO commands, but i got one of
    these 1720 routers with 2 wan cards, Serial and 10BaseT ethernet. i've
    managed to get it up and running with as a DHCP server, NAT, and
    NETFLOW, thru the console cable. Telnet it working on it now,

    But i'd like to know, how do i get SSH and Cisco SDM working on it?

    Here's what comes from #sh version

    IOS (tm) C1700 Software (C1700-Y-M), Version 12.3(20), RELEASE SOFTWARE
    (fc2)
    Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
    Compiled Tue 08-Aug-06 17:59 by kesnyder
    Image text-base: 0x8000816C, data-base: 0x80A6E698

    ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.0(3)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
    ROM: C1700 Software (C1700-Y-M), Version 12.3(20), RELEASE SOFTWARE
    (fc2)

    firedragon-router uptime is 2 days, 5 hours, 25 minutes
    System returned to ROM by power-on
    System image file is "flash:c1700-y-mz.123-20.bin"

    Thanks for the help, in advance..
    Darragh

    Darragh.Grealish, Oct 10, 2006

  2. Darragh.Grealish

    Doan Guest

    For SSH, you need an image with crypto support, the one you have won't.

    Doan

    Doan, Oct 10, 2006

  3. Darragh.Grealish

    Chad Guest

    To access the router via SDM, you need to issue the command:

    router(config)#ip http server

    Chad, Oct 10, 2006
  4. Darragh.Grealish

    Chizy Guest

    You will need a CCO login at Cisco's website in order to download a new
    IOS for that router.. if you do not have that, you will need to check
    with your sales person to obtain the proper IOS for that router.

    Greg Perry
    Custom Data Network Support
    Houston, TX

    Chizy, Oct 11, 2006
  5. Darragh.Grealish

    Plasmafish Guest

    CCO will be a problem, I got this from ebay so not sure if the seller
    will be able to provide me with a new IOS, but when you look at the IOS
    it's a 2006 version. so it's very relevant.

    But like you've said it is missing crypto support for SSH. When I
    attempt to setup http or https access for SDM, it does not accept "ip
    https server", "ip https authentication local".
    but SDM should be able to work with just http. When SDM attempts to
    connect it shows the cisco splash screen on a web browser and then
    opens up another window with a load of java script, from then on
    nothing else happens

    Does SDM have to be installed on the router first for it to work?
    thanks so far for the help...

    Plasmafish, Oct 12, 2006