Cisco 1700 series IOS question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by mpitcavage, May 10, 2006.

  1. mpitcavage

    mpitcavage

    Joined:
    May 10, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have a 1700 series router, it has Serial and FastEthernet interfaces. It was originally set up to route some real ips on FastEthernet, after adding printers, workstations, etc, those are almost full. I'd like to add some 192.168 space on my network. I have enabled 192.168.75.0 255.255.255.0 on FastEthernet as a secondary with:

    interface FastEthernet 0
    ip address 192.168.75.1 255.255.255.0 secondary

    Setting a static IP on a workstation like:
    IP:192.168.75.100
    NM:255.255.255.0
    GW:192.168.75.1

    I can see all workstations on the internal network, but cannot get outside the router.

    There are no access lists applied to FastEthernet, there is one applied to "Serial in" that restricts traffic from "the world".

    Is this possible? If so what step am I missing? What additional info is needed to diagnose?

    [I only know enough about IOS to break it.]

    mpitcavage, May 10, 2006