CIS Masters Program - Not a Cisco question so please skip if you do not want to answer - thanks

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by KDawg44, Feb 19, 2007.

  1. KDawg44

    KDawg44 Guest

    Hi,

    I am currently a Technology Manager for a company and I wear many
    hats, from the deeply technical to management with third party
    companies that manage other technical aspects. I want to deepen my
    technical and business/management skills. That being said, I am going
    back to school.

    I currently have a B.S. in Information Systems with a
    minor in general business. I am going back for my CIS Masters and
    then my MBA. How do I know that the school I am looking at attending
    has a good CIS graduate program? It is accredited but obviously a
    Masters from MIT looks better than a Masters from Southeast Louisiana
    Tech Junior Technical School (I think you get my point, not trying to
    offend anyone). Is there an easy way to see how the school is thought
    of? I know companies locally work a lot with their graduate program
    but I don't want to move someday and have another company else where
    not think much of my masters. Does it even matter?

    I apologize if I offend anyone by this not being a Cisco question but
    there is no one better to ask then my peers and I cannot seem to find
    that answer to this question. Every school wants me to go there so
    they always say they are the best.

    Thanks.

    KDawg44, Feb 19, 2007

  2. www.BradReese.Com, Feb 20, 2007