Chopped sound when listening via Bluetooth!

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Michael Moser, Jan 22, 2010.

  1. I am trying to configure my Windows 7 system such that I can properly listen
    to music using my Bluetooth headphones.

    Alas, while the basic connection and configuration are working OK, the audio
    experience is horrible! Pretty exactly every 2.5 seconds the sound stops for
    about 1/2 second. I am suspecting some process with priority higher than the
    Bluetooth audio SW to run regularly and thus - blocking the BT SW - to cause
    these pauses. Between the pauses the sound is OK and crystal clear.
    Listening via the cable audio output is also OK, so it must be the Bluetooth
    channel causing this.

    I am pretty sure, that it is no external disturbance. For test purposes I
    disabled my Wi-Fi network and all other sources I could come with that might
    emit RF (mobile phone etc.) but without any influence on these constant
    hickups.

    I also tried with TaskManager as well as with TaskInfo - a utility showing
    running processes and their CPU utilization (among many other data) - to
    locate any process, that is repeatedly running trying to identify the
    reason, but without luck so far! Any idea, what standard Windows 7 process
    could be causing this or how to find the culprit?

    It's such a pain to listen to!

    Michael

    Michael Moser, Jan 22, 2010