choosing between HP RAM and Crucial RAM

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by s, Oct 28, 2009.

  1. s

    s Guest

    I earlier posted at
    http://groups.google.com/group/24ho...M+to+add+which+is+economical#991332a1aa75c3f5
    to know how to get economical RAM and was given great advice by few
    posters(thanks Mike, Brian for the advice).

    Now, my question is will a RAM of HP listed at
    http://www.amazon.com/1-GB-DDR2-800-PC2-6400-DIMM/dp/tech-data/B000KGYOSS/ref=de_a_smtd
    work for my machine configuration posted at
    http://groups.google.com/group/24ho...M+to+add+which+is+economical#991332a1aa75c3f5

    The features of HP RAM are

    Product Features

    * Model: AH058AT
    * Item Package Quantity: 1
    * Hardware Platform: PC
    * RAM Memory Technology: DRAM, DDR2 SDRAM
    * Form Factor: DIMM 240-pin
    * Memory Storage Capacity: 1 GB
    * Memory Speed: 800 MHz
    * Memory Specification Compliance: PC2-6400
    * Warranty: 1 year warranty

    Would it that be a proper choice or would getting a component posted
    at http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-240-pin-PC2-5300-memory-module/dp/tech-data/B0006I1TRY/ref=de_a_smtd
    be better for my machine whose main features are

    Product Features

    * 1GB DDR2 PC2-5300, 240-pin DIMM memory module / Model no.
    CT12864AA667
    * DDR2 PC2-5300, CL=5, Unbuffered, NON-ECC, DDR2-667, 1.8V, 128Meg
    x 64

    Technical Details

    * Buy Back Part Number: CB1GDD2
    * Configuration: 128Meg x 64
    * DDR Timings: CL=5
    * DIMM Type: Unbuffered
    * Density: 1GB
    * Error Checking: NON-ECC
    * Megabytes: 1024
    * Memory Type: DDR2 PC2-5300
    * Package: 240-pin DIMM
    * Replenishment Flag: Y
    * Speed: DDR2-667
    * Voltage: 1.8V

    We have some funds left with a HP order we placed so we can use them
    to get the RAM component for HP if it would work properly. If not, we
    can get a printer from HP for the funds. I don't want to get the HP
    RAM if there are better options(like the Crucial one) as the money
    left with HP can be used to buy a printer or flash drive.

    Can someone please clarify which would be a better choice for my
    machine configuration ?

    Thanks a lot.

    s, Oct 28, 2009