    comfortable with both. I'm leaning towards VB simply because of the longer
    experience, but I've noticed a lot more positions are calling for C#.

    Desicions, decisions!!! :/

    Leeland Clay, Feb 11, 2006

  2. Feb. 11, 2006

    Frankly, since C# and VB (.net) both run under the .Net Runtime, it
    doesn't matter. Any company which says a position is only C# or VB (since
    you can have both types of languages under a VS Solution), I think is far
    off base.... I even believe VS 05 can have BOTH VB AND C# in the SAME
    project... lol

    I think it won't matter in the future, although I do with MSFT would
    market this feature more!

    --

    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

    Blog/Web Site: http://71.39.42.23/

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, Feb 11, 2006

  3. Leeland Clay

    David Hearn Guest

    Yes, C# and VB both compile down to the same code, and AFAIK, everything
    you can do in VB can be done in C# and vice-versa, however, if a company
    has existing code in C#, doesn't have any experience at VB, and has
    existing code to use and maintain, it makes sense to employ C# developers.

    Hiring a guy with VB skills to write an extension to their product
    (previously in C#) in VB should work fine (from an execution point of
    view), but if another developer needs to pick it up when he's on
    holiday, and no one else knows VB, then they've got a problem.

    Until MS allows VB to be automagically transliterated into C# and
    vice-versa, you'll still have a need for VB and C# specific developers.

    David Hearn, Feb 13, 2006