    any help appreciated.

    Have 1gig of memory,80gig harddrive if that helps

    Many Thanks

    Simondeo, Apr 14, 2006

  2. Simondeo

    philo Guest

    Check your mobo manual (download one if necessary)
    it may have jumpers to set for CPU speed

    philo, Apr 14, 2006

  3. If you didn't take proper anti-static precautions before handling the
    processor, maybe you zapped it. Maybe it is a defective one and you'll
    have to RMA it to get an exchange from whomever you bought it.

    Do you get a single beep after the POST has completed? Do you see the
    BIOS boot screen(s)? What does "hard drive momentarily boots" mean?

    news.aioe.org, Apr 14, 2006
  4. Simondeo

    Simondeo Guest

    Thats it,no beep nothing.