    that I'd have to waste a dual layer DVD-R just to get a coaster (since
    CSS encryption would prevent me from actually copying it). So... any
    ideas?

    TerraFrost, Jan 29, 2006

  2. TerraFrost

    bambam Guest

    For checking CD/DVDs I like CDCheck-

    CDCheck is utility for prevention, detection and recovery of damaged files
    with emphasis on error detection. It can check each of your CDs and DVDs
    and indicate which files are corrupted. CDCheck reporting features tell you
    exactly where the problems are. CDs can get damaged in a number of ways, so
    the program helps you determine whether your data is safe before it's too
    late. The program also provides a comparison option that lets you select a
    reference directory on your hard drive (or some other device). CDCheck
    ensures that the contents on a disc match those in the directory, and
    effectively alerts you of differences. Besides that CDCheck supports
    creation of CRC files which provide extra safety that files on your CDs are
    still exactly the same as they were. In addition to CD-ROMs, the program
    can be used with all other local or removable media (disk drives, floppy
    disks, ZIP drives...) visible by the operating system (Windows Explorer).

    http://www.elpros.si/CDCheck/

    Freeware
    1.35MB

    bambam, Jan 29, 2006

  3. TerraFrost

    Gel Guest

    But link clearly states does not work on DVD's

    Gel, Jan 29, 2006
  4. TerraFrost

    bambam Guest

    You need to go back and read again!
    Also it is normal practice to quote part of the post that you are replying
    to, so at least someone will know what you are talking about.

    bambam, Jan 29, 2006