    know how they work? Could someone point me to any document
    describing the algoritms behind such self-checking procedures?
    Best Regards

    ariel.burbaickij, Jan 30, 2005

  2. ariel.burbaickij

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    AFAIK, there's no such thing on cisco web that is available to public
    access....

    Ivan Ostreš, Jan 30, 2005

  3. ariel.burbaickij

    Hansang Bae Guest

    I don't know that there are any public information on such topics. But
    if you have access to a book store/library, check out:

    Cisco IP Routing: Packet Forwarding & Intra-domain Routing Protocols
    by Alex Zinin

    or

    Inside Cisco IOS Software Architecture (CCIE Professional Development)
    by Russ White et al

    Both books should be mandatory reading for anyone serious about
    Cisco/routing. The second book is a bit dated and I can't wait for the
    second volume to come out. I know one of the authors who's currently
    writing the book and he is one sharp cookie. When I grow up, I wish I
    could be like him! :)

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Jan 31, 2005
  4. ariel.burbaickij

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    Any estimated dates for 2nd volume??? First one was totally great..

    Ivan Ostreš, Jan 31, 2005
  5. ariel.burbaickij

    Hansang Bae Guest

    Not really. He keeps getting pulled in for "fire drills" and that
    takes precedence (of course). Hopefully, he can pull it together for
    this year!

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Jan 31, 2005