cheating

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Guest, Dec 16, 2005.

  1. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg spewed across the ether:
    Not at all. You don't need to do any such thing. A lot of other industry
    specific certifications have time in the trade requirements. Mechanics,
    plumbers, & electricians, just to name a few, all must be able to prove
    that they have worked in the field for a specified time before they can
    write their trade certification exams. In the case of the mechanic's ASE
    certifications for example, their employer must sign off on the
    application that hey have been performing, say, front end repairs, for a
    year before they can write the exam for front end certification. Likewise
    for tune-ups, brakes, etc.

    Not to say that there isn't still some cheating on the exams, but if you
    hire a mechanic that is ASE certified in a certain area, you can be
    reasonably assured that he actually knows the difference between a master
    cylinder and a carburetor!

    Can you say the same of an MCSE?[1] How often do we hear horror stories
    of MCSEs being hired that don't know a BIOS from a CPU? How often do we
    see posts in here about supposed MCPs that are are unable to find the
    Microsoft site, or perform the most basic tasks without guidance? Things
    that most of us were able to do competently before we ever even
    considered becoming certified!

    If MS gave even the slightest care about the validity of it's
    certification process, a verifiable work expeience requirement would have
    been part of the procedure from the beginning. They don't however, and it
    has become increasingly apparent that the whole thing is just a money
    farm and another way to create a dependancy on it's products.

    As a marketing strategy, it is a brilliant success. As a measure of a
    technician's abilities, it is a dismal failure.

    [1](Cue obligatory remark about MCSEs not being rquired to know the diff
    between a carb and a master cyl)

    JaR, Dec 21, 2005

  2. Guest

    Jtyc Guest

    [1](Cue obligatory remark about MCSEs not being rquired to know the diff
    No fair... my car doesn't have a carburetor.

    Jtyc, Dec 21, 2005

  3. Guest

    JaR Guest

    Being as how he appears to be posting from hk, that seems likely.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Dec 21, 2005
  4. Guest

    WSUS Guest

    I seldomly post here.

    I still believe what kpg said, "Those who culture it (Honesty) will
    succeed", although I do agree with Jim, "You (me) should die."

    I think I said too much here. No one can change the current situation.

    Anonymous MCT

    WSUS, Dec 21, 2005
  5. Guest

    Ben Smith Guest

    Isn't this called a resume?

    Ben Smith, Dec 21, 2005
  6. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Ben Smith spewed across the ether:
    MS is requiring a resume before testing? Well, that's a start, I guess.

    JaR, Dec 21, 2005
  7. Guest

    Jim Guest

    I have best the resumes with 100% gurantee

    Jim, Dec 21, 2005
  8. Guest

    kpg Guest

    Yeah. Me too.

    Well, if you agree with me I can't disagree with you.

    I'm not sure who Jim was referring to, but if it dishohesr cheaters
    the devalue my cert and hence take food out of my childrens mouths,
    then yes, they should die.

    Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

    kpg, Dec 21, 2005
  9. Guest

    FrisbeeĀ® Guest

    Who are you? {$1}

    FrisbeeĀ®, Dec 21, 2005
  10. Guest

    Neil Guest

    SCREW YOU I QUIT!

    Neil, Dec 21, 2005
  11. Guest

    Neil Guest

    I'm an ASE and I don't know the diff...

    Neil, Dec 21, 2005
  12. Guest

    Jim Guest

    I wasn't referring to anyone, I was trying to paraphrase what I though WSUS
    was trying to say. I don't know why he feels he should die though.

    Jim, Dec 21, 2005
  13. Guest

    Jim Guest

    Long time reader, very infrequent poster (who decided not to do any work
    today).

    Jim, Dec 21, 2005
  14. Guest

    kpg Guest

    Fris now owes you a dollar.

    kpg, Dec 21, 2005
  15. Guest

    Neil Guest

    yeah, welcome to the club...

    Neil, Dec 21, 2005
  16. Guest

    kpg Guest

    I'm not sure who WSUS was referring to about who Jim was referring to
    that WSUS was referring to, but if its dishonest cheaters the devalue
    my cert and hence take food out of my children's mouths, then yes,
    they should die too.

    kpg, Dec 21, 2005
  17. Guest

    LRM Guest

    Cool, I decided not to work all week. Let's order pizza and discuss the
    demise of the honest man, or how cheaters never win. I'm flexible like that.

    LRM, Dec 21, 2005
  18. Guest

    BOOM! Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg spewed across the ether:
    KILL 'EM ALL AND LET GOD SORT OUT THE MISTAKES!!11!!!!112!

    BOOM!, Dec 21, 2005
  19. Guest

    Jtyc Guest

    take food out of my children's mouths, then yes,

    It's not personal, it's just business.

    Jtyc, Dec 21, 2005
  20. Guest

    JaR Guest