Cheapest place to register a domain name?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Julie P., Apr 6, 2005.

  1. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    Hi, I am looking to register a domain name (most likely a .org or .net). I
    don't need webhosting.

    Can anyone tell me the cheapest place to do this? No gimmicks please. Just
    the best value per year.

    I used to have a list of website, and remember it used to be $5.95 or $6.95
    a year if signed up for multiple years.

    Also, if I switch registrars later on, is there a fee to change over? And do
    webhosts generally charge a fee to change from:

    mydomain.webhost.com

    mydomain.org?

    And can I have multiple domain names pointing to one webhost?

    Thanks!

    Julie P., Apr 6, 2005

  2. Julie P.

    Smoker~ Guest

    http://1and1.com charges $5.99 a year. Took about a week for it to get
    transferred which I guess is normal. They have been taking out 16 page ads
    in various computer mags. You can try them as a host 6 months for free
    including the domain name. They have all types of deals.

    Smoker~, Apr 6, 2005

  3. Julie P.

    jbx Guest

    Is their support good?

    jbx, Apr 6, 2005
  4. Julie P.

    SgtMinor Guest

    They may not be the cheapest but they're good:
    http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/default.asp

    SgtMinor, Apr 6, 2005
  5. Julie P.

    Old Gringo Guest

    I use DotEasy sub. of TuCows. $95.00 US 5 Years. Excellent service.

    Old Gringo, Apr 6, 2005
  6. Julie P.

    trout Guest

    You moron.

    trout, Apr 7, 2005
  7. Julie P.

    ToyalP2 Guest

    Doteasy will give you a non-ads web hosting for free, I believe is
    100MB, registration used to be $4.95 but they have gone balistic now, so
    look somewhere else for that.

    ToyalP2, Apr 10, 2005