    ideally would like to trigger via computer, but on camera is ok

    used is probably more likly, but new opens up the possibility of
    financing it so a higher end one is within reach.

    Richard, Mar 2, 2009

  2. You mean, use it like a webcam? Why not get a webcam?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 2, 2009

  3. Richard

    EMB Guest

    I'm sure all the cheap Powershots do with the "Remotecapture" app that
    comes on the CD with them. I'm sure that my old A80 did this (but it's
    died so I'm unable to check). And I'm absolutely certain that the brand
    new Canon Powershot SX110IS sitting beside me can do it - I haven't
    tried but the manual goes into detail about it.

    The best test would be to buy one from DSE and if it doesn't perform as
    desired return it under their 14 day no questions asked right of return.
    Incidentally DSE appear to be doing their "We'll beat any competitors
    price on digital cameras" promo again at the moment so use Pricespy to
    gather the data needed to twist their arm.

    EMB, Mar 2, 2009
  4. Richard

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs EMB wrote:

    [snip]
    My old faithful A70 died a few days ago. :-( I did nothing different, I'm
    tentatively putting it down to the really high humidity of late.

    ~misfit~, Mar 3, 2009
  5. Or just more bad capacitors.

    Stephen Worthington, Mar 3, 2009
  6. Richard

    EMB Guest

    If it's followed the same path as my A80 I'd assume the CCD has died.

    EMB, Mar 3, 2009
  7. Richard

    ~misfit~ Guest

    LOL, can't be, I replaced them all. ;-)
    Yeah, not completely though. I can take pics that display on the viewfinder
    LCD and come out really blurry, it's impossible to tell what they're of.

    Like so: http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1236074125.jpg

    Not much good to me like that.

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Mar 3, 2009
  8. Richard

    EMB Guest

    Same shit, different camera. And shortly the lights will go out
    altogether.

    <woger>
    I wonder if the CGA applies?
    </woger>

    EMB, Mar 3, 2009
  9. Richard

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Ok. I wondered what exactly you were seeing with yours. Good job I emptied
    the card then, it's a 2GB and holds ~1K pics on finest setting, depending on
    picture detail.

    Bugger all uses CF anymore, I guess the card will get put in a drawer for
    eternity.
    Heh! I might have paid over 700 notes for it but it was a long time ago. I
    have a newer $199 canon that has more megapixels (and a better macro, down
    to 1cm, the reason I bought it) but a smaller sensor. I prefered the pics
    from the A70.

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Mar 3, 2009
  10. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Hmm, my cheap as A460 may do it then, I think I promptly put the CD and
    manual that came with it in the trash without even opening them which is
    a pain since they make it as hard as possible to download stuff from
    their site. My mate had to end up warezing the stuff for his eos since
    they only had upgrades for it.

    Richard, Mar 4, 2009