    so aren't bothered about rates to mobile's, international or 0870/0845. I
    already have a 4 port router and would like a cordless VOIP phone if
    possible. Any recommendations?

    Phil, May 21, 2005

  2. Phil

    David Floyd Guest

    Take a look at:
    JustDialVoIP £1.99 pm to include English Voicemail and free UK evening
    and w/end, and a geographical number of your choice of area.
    OR
    Sipgate UK which is free for the service and a crap voicemail which is
    for ever at Beta stage, no inclusive minutes, but cheap, choice of
    geographical area number
    OR
    VoIPtalk - Make your own enquiries as I don't know much about them.

    David

    David Floyd, May 21, 2005

  3. Phil

    duck Guest

    Just had a look at that, the area codes on offer by JustDialVoIP are
    quite limited.

    duck, May 21, 2005
  4. Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Sipgate's reliability is improving, the recent outages have been down to
    PSTN gateway problems I believe rather than internal to the system.
    Sipgate does have a 1000 inclusive minutes for £5.99/month option, but
    unless you're going to use that amount of time it's not worth it.

    Voicemail is being worked on at the moment and will hopefully soon be
    migrated to a dedicated server (it shares with the German system at the
    moment) which should improve things.

    Regarding phones, get a Sipura SPA-2000 ATA, this has two phone line
    ports, you can then plug whatever phone (wired or DECT) that you like in.
    Or if you want to be able to plug in to a normal BT line as well, the
    SPA-3000 will do the job.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 21, 2005
  5. Phil

    David Floyd Guest

    To be honest, Ivor, you've been saying that for months and it's wearing
    a bit thin now.
    Similarly it's been over 2 months that it's been 'being worked on' -
    with no improvement. :-(
    Can't fault you with those recommendations.

    David

    David Floyd, May 21, 2005
  6. Phil

    dexter Guest

    A more true sentance was never written .
    Viopfone could be your answer .

    dexter, May 21, 2005
  7. Phil

    dexter Guest

    They do not have any numbers for my area code David but makes no odds
    to me I am only interested in being able to make outgoing calls I use
    my voipfhone number for incoming now that Sipgate has proved
    themselves unworthy of my custom and trust .
    You forgot to mention that one cannot really trust the Sipgate service
    to be working these days .

    dexter, May 21, 2005
  8. Phil

    keymaster Guest

    Hi
    personally I tried sipgate and never had any success despite me having a
    Snom 190 phone.
    I use www.voipfone.co.uk and apaprt from an outrage about January been
    faultless for me
    cheers
    Roy

    keymaster, May 21, 2005
  9. Phil

    PeterW Guest

    The Sipura SPA-1001 ATA is also a nice little unit. It has two VoIP SIP
    accounts but only one phone port using the "Se" software from Sipura. You
    can set a prefix to dial out on the second line. Incoming calls on either
    line ring the phone (with call waiting). It should be cheaper than the 2000
    on eBay. Mine was about £45.

    Peter

    PeterW, May 21, 2005
  10. We offer a sipphone like service, but with more functionality,
    customer service and reliability: www.gradwell.com/voip

    We have a 3 month free trial on our single line service:

    cheers
    peter

    Peter Gradwell, May 21, 2005
  11. Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    To a certain extent you're right, but the recent problems *have* been due
    to PSTN gateway issues; inter-Sipgate calls have been fine, at least they
    have here.
    The problem was it got activated before it was intended, and once the
    genie was out of the bottle that was it, and it wasn't possible to just
    switch it off again. I know that the engineers didn't want to activate it
    when it was first switched on, but once it was.....

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 21, 2005
  12. Phil

    Dave Gill Guest

    Despite it only having one phone port you can configure the two SIP
    accounts to give different rings (if your phone supports different
    cadences) so you know which number is being dialled (handy if you want
    private and business calls (or his and her calls) directed to the same
    phone.

    Dave Gill, May 21, 2005
  13. Was it you or them that suffered from an outRage?

    The Cable Guy, May 22, 2005
  14. I use Voipfone too and I have never had a problem I must admit I did
    consider gradwell but your way to expensive peter

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, May 26, 2005