    possible to daisy chain a couple more routers using ethernet cable?
    Is it possible to connect a wireless router to remote antennas that
    can be wired to the main router?

    Quick Question, Jun 8, 2004

  2. Quick Question

    why? Guest

    Isn't that what a wireless acces point is for. Although each (floor)
    would need configured I don't recall that a simple signal repeater
    exists.

    You could try
    www.netgear.com

    www.belkin.com
    Wireless Network Access Point
    Part # F5D7130
    Operates in 3 modes, see the product data.
    Range extender / Add wireless to existing wired / bridge 2 networks.
    http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProd...=&Section_Id=201522&pcount=&Product_Id=136486

    www.linksys.com

    If you want to have 2 different networks and introduce some minor
    complications, yes.

    Although it's simpler and less expensive to run a cable from the router
    you have, then put a switch/access point on the end of a cable.
    Wireless Access point. Why the second router business again?

    This does work, tried this already.
    Cable modem -> hardwired router -> wireless router -> wireless PC.
    Cable modem -> hardwired router -> access point -> wireless PC.

    Next test is
    Cable modem -> hardwired router -> wireless router -> access point ->
    wireless PC.

    Me

    why?, Jun 8, 2004

  3. Quick Question

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    what you are looking for is a wireless repeater to extend your current range
    http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=267

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Jun 8, 2004