    cards are not selling at that price? It seems SanDisk memory cards are
    cheaper than others. Has any one is using 512 MB SD card? I want to
    buy one if there is no catch? With thanks.

    zxcvar, Jun 14, 2004

  2. zxcvar

    whisper Guest

    Check Ebay

    Kass
    : Greetings!Best Buy is selling 512 MB SD card made by SanDisk at $99.99
    : after rebates. What is the catch? Why other manufacturers of SD memory

    whisper, Jun 14, 2004

  3. zxcvar

    wayne Guest

    I checked shopper.com they show prices from $70.00 on up 99.00 is no big
    deal I have a sandisk ultra II 256MB and a Lexmark 40X 512. Both work well
    but the Lexmark comes with a USB reader and recovery software

    Wayne

    wayne, Jun 15, 2004
  4. zxcvar

    Ron Hunter Guest

    The prices certainly are getting better. Just since Feb. when I bought
    the new camera that uses SD cards, the price has fallen so that I
    actually paid less for a 256meg card last month than I did for the 128
    meg cards in Feb.

    Ron Hunter, Jun 15, 2004
  5. zxcvar

    rs Guest

    Check Amazon, I recently got a Sandisk Ultra II 256M for $52 - $15 rebate
    net $37 . . seems fair.

    Rick

    rs, Jun 15, 2004
  6. zxcvar

    Ron Hunter Guest

    The $52 is a deal, the rebate makes it a steal.

    Ron Hunter, Jun 15, 2004
  7. There is no catch as such but all of the cheap memory cards are
    SLOOOOOWWWW. I find that a good tradeoff. You may not. The time to
    download the pictures is the problem here. If you buy a fast card
    (read expensive) at Ritz camera tit will be as much as 20 times faster
    than the cheap ones.

    For some cameras the fast one is a requirement or the camera cannot
    perform. This is mostly high end digital SLR cameras in fast repeat
    shooting modes.

    Gilbert Baron, Jun 15, 2004
  8. zxcvar

    stewy Guest

    I've got a couple of SanDisk Memory Sticks which have worked perfectly from
    Day 1. I'm sure the SDs are of similar quality and you can trust them to
    fulfill their purpose. (I don't work for SanDisk)

    stewy, Jun 15, 2004