    I think that people should be warned about buying the Tivo as suport has
    stoped and no Freeview guide from forums that I have read, uses the
    Internet to get its EPG, plus its $299 with only a 320GB HD..

    Frank Williams, Apr 7, 2012

  2. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    They reckon the Price is right. They (Noel Leeming) are willing to accept
    your offer.
    Thanks for doing that Frank.

    Gordon, Apr 7, 2012

  3. Tivo is no longer supported and is Not Freeview approved, I all ready
    stated that..

    TIVO IS A BIG NO !

    Frank Williams, Apr 8, 2012
  4. THERE ARE NO OTHER FTA CHANNELS UNLESS YOU ARE REFERING TO A SATELLITE
    RECEPTION.
    COPYRIGHT LAWS

    AS YOU SEEM TO BE NOT IN THIS WORLD, TIVO IS DEAD DEAD AND NO LONGER HAS
    ANY SUPPORT, PLUS NO FREEVIEW GUIDE YOU HAVE TO HAVE A INTENET
    CONNECTION TO GET A NONE STANDARD GUIDE.

    SEEM THAT YOU ARE NOT HONEST TO YOURSELF THAT YOU BROUGHT A LEMON.

    THAT IS WHY THEY ARE CLEARING OUT THE BOXES DEAD CHEAP.

    Frank Williams, Apr 9, 2012
  5. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    And yet I understood it was nothing more than a virtual brand to help people
    go digital.
    This is another matter in which you may be correct.

    Gordon, Apr 9, 2012
  6. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    BABYMASH, is that you?

    Gordon, Apr 9, 2012
  7. Frank Williams

    Richard Guest

    There was for some time some asian channels being broadcast from the
    skytower on another mux - as it is a JDA site and free of the kordia
    monopoly that all the other sites have.

    No idea if it is still going. Also one of the hick town broadcasters in
    the south island was talking about going digital but from another site
    so stuffing up anyone that wanted to actually aim their antenna.

    Just because there is no other digital now doesnt mean that it will not
    be coming.
    No, place shifting is fully legit. You can take a VHS with you to
    whereever and watch it. It is like the no 1080 analog output
    requirements, just BS from the broadcasters who should have no say in
    the matter.
    Hmm, a propper guide instead of the preschool targeted low res piece of
    crap MHEG guide - sounds like a great idea.

    Richard, Apr 9, 2012

  8. A mate has just confirmed it, only to a Tivo not to a PC..

    Where are you getting your info from as you are Totally Wrong.

    Frank Williams, Apr 10, 2012
  9. You do realise you are trying to have an apprently sane discussion with
    Roger here ? :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 11, 2012

  10. Na just some Facts Bruce

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TiVo

    Frank Williams, Apr 11, 2012
  11. :)

    My attitude to tivo is simple. I neither need nor want it. "They" want to
    control my content. Unacceptable.
    Add to that the extremely limited content available in NZ and it's not even
    a question. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 12, 2012
  12. Perhaps something has changed recently ? ... but this was (IIRC :) ) a year
    or so back, offered as a subscription service? As such, they managed the
    hell out of content and I sure wouldn't put anything else anywhere near it.

    Feel free to correct my understandings if necessary. :)

    Thanks

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 16, 2012
  13. Thanks for that. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 17, 2012
  14. Can any one tell me where you can get a manual for this and full
    documentation/specifications.

    Plus is the EPG service guaranteed for life, as the main company
    involved with this product has shut there doors.

    A friend and myself have tried for a few hours with out any luck.

    From what I can find out the US site has some 12 User guides for a range
    of models, the Tivo HD seems to be the same as the one here, but the
    one sold here is a Old model and replaced by the Series 4.

    I seen now that Telecom are given them away for free..

    Frank Williams, Apr 17, 2012
  15.
    Frank Williams, Apr 17, 2012
  16. Frank Williams

    Roger Brown Guest

    Can any one tell me where you can get a manual for this and full
    documentation/specifications.

    Plus is the EPG service guaranteed for life, as the main company
    involved with this product has shut there doors.

    A friend and myself have tried for a few hours with out any luck.

    From what I can find out the US site has some 12 User guides for a range
    of models, the Tivo HD seems to be the same as the one here, but the
    one sold here is a Old model 5 Years and replaced by the Series 4.

    I here now that Telecom are given them away for free..

    So is it realy a good investment..?

    Roger Brown, Apr 18, 2012