    mailbox24 Guest

    I am on a web page that appears black with white type. Is there a way
    I can change the colors so that it is more readable?

    mailbox24, Dec 18, 2005

  2. mailbox24

    Evan Platt Guest

    Probably.

    But that would depend on the web browser you are using.

    Evan Platt, Dec 18, 2005

  3. Sure. But you didn't say what browser you are using, so it is difficult
    to give specific advice.

    In Firefox, I just untick the Colors checkbox on the PrefBar.

    If you get Firefox or Mozilla, try this toolbar. It's an extension.
    http://prefbar.mozdev.org/.
    Here is a picture with the Customize dialog open.
    http://k75s.home.att.net/images/prefbar.png

    If you use Internet Explorer, you can override colors, but it does it
    for all web sites.

    http://k75s.home.att.net/tips.html

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 18, 2005
  4. mailbox24

    Whiskers Guest

    In Opera, key shift-g to toggle between your own 'style' and the web-site's
    style. The default 'user style' in Opera is pretty good for most people
    but you can configure it considerably if you want to. There are also
    built-in display styles such as 'accessibility' and 'emulate text browser'
    and 'high contrast' and others, that can quickly make some illegible pages
    a lot easier to use. You can set these things on the fly for any page you
    visit, or set them as your default for all sites (and still toggle the
    web-site's style with shift-g). You can also toggle 'images' on or off
    with shift-i; that can improve some pages quite considerably.

    Whiskers, Dec 18, 2005
  5. mailbox24

    ToyalP2 Guest

    If all you want to do is just be able to read the page try highligthing
    it, that will flip the colors and background.
    have fun

    ToyalP2, Dec 18, 2005
  6. mailbox24

    Trax Guest

    |>In Opera, key shift-g to toggle between your own 'style' and the web-site's
    |>style.

    That's slick.

    I'm always copying and pasteing articles from thesmokinggun.com into a
    text editor due to their choice of colors
    like: http://tinyurl.com/ad4cm

    shift-g turns it to black on white - thanks for that one.

    Trax, Dec 19, 2005
  7. mailbox24

    Whiskers Guest

    Hmmm; puke on puke. Odd choice :))
    I have light grey instead of white for my background; see the various
    settings in 'tools - preferences - advanced - content - style options'.

    That page also benefits from having 'javascript' disabled - hit F12 for
    the 'quick preferences' dialogue box (and then 'reload' the page to see
    the difference); I have a 'button' on one of my toolbars to toggle
    'javascript' on or off - likewise 'Java' and 'plugins'; they all default
    to 'off' for me. I also have 'images' turned 'off' unless I choose to see
    them, which improves some pages and saves a lot of time on my slow
    dial-up.

    Opera rocks!

    Whiskers, Dec 19, 2005
  8. mailbox24

    mailbox24 Guest

    Just installed prefbar and it is great. Thank you for the lead.

    mailbox24, Dec 19, 2005
  9. You're welcome. There are lots of great extensions for Firefox and Moz.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 19, 2005