Changing the a registry string value using a .reg file

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Lando Chez, Dec 23, 2005.

  1. Lando Chez

    Lando Chez Guest

    Hi

    I probably should'nt ask this question in this forum, but I could not
    find the proper forum/discussion to ask this and I really need to
    figure this out very urgent.

    I want to use a .reg file to make changes in the registry. I am trying
    to change the (Default) string value that can be found at the top of
    every key. I am not able to do this . I use the following code in my
    ..reg file to achieve this.

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Lotus
    Notes\Shell\Open\Command]
    "(Default)"="C:\\Program Files\\Lotus\\notes\\notes.exe
    =i:\\Notes\\notes.ini"

    But instead of changing the (Default) string value it adds a double
    string value called (Default). How can I change the (Default) string
    value using the .reg file??

    Thank in advance

    Lando Chez, Dec 23, 2005

  2. Lando Chez

    why? Guest

    newsgroup, is 24HSHD.
    None of the Microsoft (product = Windows is the version I have)
    newsgroups, including the developer groups, nothing in the Microsoft
    MSDN online development documentation.
    So far so lucky.
    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Dec 23, 2005

  3. Lando Chez

    Ben Myers Guest

    See if this is what you are after.

    REGEDIT4
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Lotus Notes\Shell\Open\Command]
    @="C:\\Program Files\\Lotus\\notes\\notes.exe=i:\\Notes\\notes.ini"
    [end]

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Dec 23, 2005