    _NoDriveAutoRun and this one does have a 95 at the end of the string (the
    regular one has 'ff' (no quotes)-will just deleting one do the trick?)
    Thanks

    Jim Marshall, Oct 12, 2003

  2. Jim Marshall

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Jim Marshall said:
    Why not get yourself a tweak, like X-Teq, links on my software page.
    Run the update after you install.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 12, 2003

  3. Jim Marshall

    °Mike° Guest

    Copy/paste the following into Notepad and save as a .reg
    file. Merge it into your registry by double clicking on it, or
    right click / Merge. Note that everything between [ and ]
    MUST be one line only, and there must be a blank line at
    the end.

    ***** <--- omit this line
    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=hex:95,00,00,00

    ***** <--- omit this line

    Reboot your computer.

    °Mike°, Oct 12, 2003
  4. Howdy!

    In series -

    1) You don't type the spaces. They're there so you can SEE what to
    type.

    IOW - you actually change the FF to 95 by overtyping it.

    2) No, the _NoDriveAutoRun was put there by someone or something to
    keep the old NoDriveAutoRun setting after installing a NEW setting. Best
    you could do with that would be to delete the NoDriveAutoRun, then rename
    _NoDriveAutoRun to NoDriveAutoRun.

    It'd be easier to change the FF to a 95, though ... fewer characters
    to type.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Oct 12, 2003