Changing networks with offline files and folders

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Apr 8, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have a situation here where my clients use laptops in a docked and wired
    configuration and in an undocked and wireless configuration. Typically, the
    user will be docked with both the wired and wireless connections are enabled.
    Network connections function normally. The user then pulls the laptop out
    of the dock, and only has the wireless connection. When attempting to
    connect to network shares, they appear empty, even in cases where the user
    re-docks. As soon as the user undocks and loses the wired connection, and
    offline files and folders icon appears in the taskbar to notify the user they
    have lost their wired connection. If the user acknoldges this notification,
    access to the shares works normally. I am looking for a solution so the user
    will not be prompted with this notification, and will connect to the share
    regardless of wired or wireless state, provided they are on our network.

    Has anyone dealt with this or have a solution to this?

    Thanks in advance,

    Barb

    Guest, Apr 8, 2005

  2. Guest

    WLW Guest

    Have you considered disabling the WIRED connection and having them use
    WIRELESS whether or not they are docked?

    WLW, Apr 9, 2005