Changing IP Phone 79x0 from SCCP to SIP

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by TimG, Jul 26, 2004.

  1. TimG

    TimG Guest

    Anybody have the exact process needed to change the OS image
    on Cisco IP Phones 79x0 from SCCP to SIP?

    Here is what I get when tailing the tftp server:

    Jul 26 17:19:27 voip-01 tftpd[32764]: RRQ from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx filename
    CTLSEP00078xxx629E.tlv
    Jul 26 17:19:27 voip-01 tftpd[32764]: sending NAK (1, File not found) to
    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Jul 26 17:19:27 voip-01 tftpd[32765]: RRQ from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx filename
    SEP000078xxx629E.cnf.xml
    Jul 26 17:19:27 voip-01 tftpd[32765]: sending NAK (1, File not found) to
    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Jul 26 17:19:27 voip-01 tftpd[32766]: RRQ from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx filename
    XMLDefault.cnf.xml
    Jul 26 17:19:27 voip-01 tftpd[32766]: sending NAK (1, File not found) to
    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

    The first request is looking for a MAC addy specific file, then when I
    doesn't find that, it ends up looking for the XMLDefault.cnf.xml file.

    My question is this: I have a bunch of SCCP phones that we are
    converting to SIP. Do I need to create a new file for each phone using
    the MAC address?? or can I just specify the new SIP image in the
    XMLDefault.cnf.xml file?

    I have never done this, and the Cisco site is kinda vague.

    Thanks,
    Tg

    TimG, Jul 26, 2004

  2. The XMLDefault.cnf.xml file is needed for SCCP images.
    If you specify the image name in the OS79XX.TXT, **ALL** the 79XX
    model phones (like 7940, 7960) will be converted to the SIP image you
    have inside the TFTP root directory.

    I haven't tried to put the image version inside the SIPDefault.cnf
    file, though it works for the SCCP images.

    I might try that on the next SIP image release.

    Costas Halvajoglou, Aug 25, 2004

  3. TimG

    hkohila

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I do have the same issue. I am trying to convert some Cisco IP phones from SCCP to SIP.
    I installed TFTP Server (SolarWinds) and tried to convert the firm ware on the phones and it kept giving me an error "the phone is requesting SEPXXXXXXXXX.cnf.xml : file does not exist"
    I posted the screen shots of what I am facing, Please take a look and give me some advise on how to do this.
    the link is http://hitechs.us/tftp
    Thanks in Advance.

    hkohila, Mar 11, 2007