    help!
    Thanks
    John

    john, Feb 15, 2006

  2. john

    Tony Guest

    Unfortunately AOL couldn't see a way to make providing newsgroups make them
    more money so basically being an AOL subscriber, you don't get access. You
    can sign up to another news server, Teranews is free
    http://www.teranews.com/ .

    Tony, Feb 15, 2006

  3. john

    Trax Guest

    |>I am currently using google groups but have downloaded Gravity to try
    |>it out, think it is about time I changed!
    |>Thing is I don't know what to enter for the address of the group.
    |>Yes I am a beginner at this and no, the google search I did was of no
    |>help!

    You might not be able to...

    "America Online has quietly announced that it will discontinue
    providing member access to Usenet newsgroups next month. In recent
    days, AOL subscribers who access keyword "Newsgroups" are greeted with
    a pop-up message informing them of the change: "Please Note: The AOL
    Newsgroup service will be discontinued in early 2005.""

    http://www.betanews.com/article/AOL_Pulls_Plug_on_Newsgroup_Service/1106664611
    shorter http://tinyurl.com/5lmj2

    While bad for you, a hugh grin from the internet veterans.

    Trax, Feb 15, 2006
  4. john

    john Guest

    Thanks guys, looks like I am stuck here on Google, ah well thats life.
    Cheers
    John

    john, Feb 15, 2006
  5. john

    dadiOH Guest

    You could always dump AOL.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Feb 15, 2006
  6. john

    john Guest

    I wish I could, sadly I have no say in the matter. On the positive side
    I don't have to pay for it!

    john, Feb 16, 2006
  7. john

    whosbest54 Guest

    whosbest54, Feb 16, 2006
  8. john

    Vanguard Guest

    www.teranews.com (just the one-time signup fee)

    nntp.aioe.org is free (but not reliable, slow to update, and often down).

    Vanguard, Feb 16, 2006
  9. john

    Bud Stein Guest

    Bud Stein, Feb 16, 2006
  10. john

    Whiskers Guest

    Someone already posted a link to the website about the teranews free
    server; you should be able to use that from an AOL account. There are
    other free servers too. Check out the newsgroup called
    alt.free.newsservers.

    Whiskers, Feb 16, 2006