    starts to add up.

    Does anyone know how to change this timeout period?

    Thanks in advance

    Jack B. Pollack, Nov 2, 2006

  2. Jack B. Pollack

    Meat Plow Guest

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314053

    Non-configurable parameters
    The following parameters are created and used internally by the TCP/IP
    components. They should never be modified by using Registry Editor. They
    are listed here for reference only.

    Key: Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\ID for Adapter Value Type: REG_DWORD -
    Absolute time in seconds since midnight of 1/1/70 Valid Range: 1 -
    0xFFFFFFFF
    Default: None
    the time that the service will try to renew the lease on the IP address
    for the adapter. To renew the lease, the service broadcasts a renewal
    request. Time T2 should be reached only if the service was not able to
    renew the lease with the original server.

    Meat Plow, Nov 2, 2006

  3. Jack B. Pollack

    why? Guest

    www.netswitcher.com , use it to select the profile you need 1) DHCP or
    2) Alternative this way you pick a fixed setup without needing to wait.

    You may also find the before moving the laptop from the DHCP connection
    you do a ipconfig/release , XP won't, when you move it try to reconnect
    to the previous DHCP server which it can't find.
    Are you sure it's the DHCP to fixed alternative IP delay?

    We always get it's a 'network fault' and 99.99% of the time delays are -

    Drive / printer maps to devices on the other network, the difference
    between 1 is a domain login, works fine and the other doesn't have the
    DC to login to. Outlook / file offline sync. Could be a local / remote
    profile issue.
    No, generally if too short it could miss obtaining an address if there
    is some less fast connections.
    Me

    why?, Nov 2, 2006
  4. Jack B. Pollack

    John Holmes Guest

    Jack B. Pollack "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    Run a DHCP server in your LAN. If you already have a router, it can do
    that, most likely.

    John Holmes, Nov 2, 2006
  5. Howdy!

    60 seconds per move is TOO LONG????

    Geez - what do you do for a living? You'll walk that far between places to
    plug a laptop in.

    But that timeout is there for a reason. What you can do is edit the config
    every time, and put in a local IP address for where you are.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Nov 5, 2006