    Windows XP desktop to a network location, so that every time I open a
    PC connected to the same network, my profile will cause the PC to go
    to that network location for my desktop folders and icons?

    Dave, Jan 17, 2009

  2. Dave

    John Holmes Guest

    Dave "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    Yes. Assuming you're a client in a domain, it's a functionality called
    "roaming profiles". When this is configured, you can log in to any
    computer in the network with your credentials and you'll get to your own
    desktop and stored files. However, since you said you don't have admin
    privileges, it's close to impossible for you to accomplish this exercise.
    So, ask your administrator instead.

    HTH

    John Holmes, Jan 17, 2009