    there a way for me to alter this to open up with a different viewer? Like,
    could it be set to open up with the viewer's default system viewer (which
    may vary depending on the person)?

    Armchair Einstein, Nov 10, 2004

  2. Armchair Einstein

    Toolman Tim Guest

    message | Hello all. I have a CD-ROM that has text and images on it. It currently is
    | set to open up with an image viewer that is somehow imbedded on the CD.
    Is
    | there a way for me to alter this to open up with a different viewer? Like,
    | could it be set to open up with the viewer's default system viewer (which
    | may vary depending on the person)?

    If the CD has an "Autorun.inf" file that is starting that program, then you
    may not want to...because the only way to prevent the computer from doing so
    would be to disable the autoplay function for the CD-ROM. That would cause
    ALL disks to fail to start when you put them in.

    But if you do disable the autorun, then you can open the CD with Windows
    Explorer, and then you can open the files with whatever program you fancy.

    Of course, if you *don't* disable the autoplay, you can close the program
    that auto-runs, then start Windows Explorer and go from there...

    Toolman Tim, Nov 10, 2004