    while I change the access on my wireless PCs in another room.

    Thanks

    Graham

    Graham Naylor, Feb 15, 2015

  2. Graham Naylor

    Woody Guest

    As with all BT routers, 192.168.1.254. There is a pull-out piece of
    plastic on the top rear edge of the router with the login/password and
    wireless key on it.

    Woody, Feb 15, 2015

  3. Thanks, same as for the Belkin apart from the last 3 digits.

    Graham

    Graham Naylor, Feb 15, 2015
  4. Graham Naylor

    Graham J Guest

    You can always find this out, irrespective of the make and model of
    router. For simplicity, connect your computer to the router using an
    Ethernet cable.

    Open a command window.

    Type
    ipconfig /all
    then the "return" or "enter" key.

    Review the output. There will be a section describing the Ethernet
    interface. It will show the IP address of the "Default Gateway". This
    is the IP address of your router.

    You will then have to find out the login name and password. These are
    usually printed on a plastic tab on the HH. On other routers you might
    have to refer to the manufacturer's documentation.

    Graham J, Feb 15, 2015
  5. Graham Naylor

    Recliner Guest

    I changed my HH5 name and password to be the same as my old HH2, so I
    didn't have to change the stored passwords in any of the wireless devices.

    Recliner, Feb 15, 2015
  6. Graham Naylor

    Woody Guest

    You could also try www.routerpasswords.com which has aa amazing amount
    of info. In fact when you see so much info is easily available it
    makes it obvious that if you don't want to be hacked you should change
    the SSID so that it does not reveal (as many do) the make of router
    you are using.

    Woody, Feb 16, 2015