Changing a Domain Controllers Computer Name & IP Address

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Baljit Singh, Feb 20, 2005.

  1. Baljit Singh

    Baljit Singh Guest

    I happened to change the above on my 1 client existing
    Domain / Network....but now after receiving my client
    machine back from repairs I cannot setup A Remote desktop
    Connection or a MS Windows Network connection or even
    connect to mapped drives .

    I had to reconfigure the IP addresses on my client to
    accept the new Ip address range from my new DC settings.

    I know that I got an warning message b4 attempting the
    cahnge on my DC .....but IT WAS ALL WORKING PERFECTLY
    BEFORE ???????????

    Help Needed.Thanks

    Mr. Singh

    Baljit Singh, Feb 20, 2005

  2. Baljit Singh

    catwalker63 Guest

    Hint: DNS

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "Eat your cereal with a fork and do your homework in the dark."

    catwalker63, Feb 20, 2005

  3. Baljit Singh

    Guest Guest

    RESPONSE FROM SHAFI:

    Hi Baljit singh

    You had mentioned that you are reconnecting your
    client machine to your existing Domain physically, be
    sure that the ip address is in same class or in a same
    subnet? Are you able to ping that servers? Then try to
    ping that seervers by using its ipaddress first, if it is
    pinging the connectivity problem is over.

    For Terminal services (Remote Desktop) you have to
    find out a folder named TSCLIEN in a root folder inside
    in a root directory (WINDOWS). Share that folder and
    take access from your client, and install it in your
    client while installing give the Administrator`s user
    account name and password credentials and Terminal
    server`s IP Address.

    If you are having Windows server 2003, in this case,
    please put a Windows 2003 server cd rom in your client
    machine in the setup program launches automatically. On
    that select services - remote control - OK. This will
    installs the Terminal services tor Windows server 2003.
    Again give the logon credentials and IP address of a
    Terminal server.

    For hardware: Please verify that your local NIC
    card`s device driver is properly working and installed.
    If it having an yellow color excalmatory mark means there
    is some problem in your NIC card`s driver, not only in
    driver the problem is in entire TCP/IP.

    And, please make sure that your NIC card is
    connected and seated properly in your Mother board. Or,
    if you are having onboard NIC card means leave it...
    Then check the physical connections of RJ45 cables with
    your NIC card and with hub.
    If any queries means please post a mail to me.

    Hope this small notes will help you better!!!

    With regards
    Shafi.H

    Guest, Mar 16, 2005
  4. Baljit Singh

    CBIC Guest

    Sir- I can read from your postings that you have in depth technical
    knowledge that we can all benefit from. If I may offer a suggestion to you
    about posting. I request that you reply directly to the question in the same
    thread with the "Response From" part and please don't snip the relevant part
    of the prior post. Thank you for your time.

    CBIC, Mar 16, 2005
  5. Baljit Singh

    Neil Guest

    he did, just a month late:

    so it has aged off unless you actually open the headers and click the
    reference there's no trace of it. quoting the post would be nice though.

    Neil, Mar 16, 2005