    which runs on home edition.

    Thanks

    Vik

    Vik, Jul 29, 2004

  2. Vik

    Jack Guest

    Jack, Jul 29, 2004

  3. Vik

    Guest Guest

    quoted form http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    Connect using a dial-up modem or VPN option in the New
    Connection Wizard is
    unavailable (gray out)
    SYMPTOMS:
    1) After installed SP1 for XP and then use the System
    Restore feature to
    restore Windows to a state before the installation of the
    service pack.
    2) After upgraded your computer to XP Pro from Win98, ME
    and XP Home. You
    may experience the following symptoms: a) The Connect
    using a dial-up modem
    or VPN option in the New Connection Wizard is unavailable
    (gray out). b) The
    Network Connections folder is empty. c) ICS and ICF
    services do not start
    because of a dependency failure. d) In the Event Viewer,
    you may get Event
    ID: 7023, Event ID: 20035 or error 5 with Access is
    denied, Remote Access
    Connection Manager failed to start because it could not
    create buffers or
    Could not start the Remote Access Connection Manager
    service on Local
    Computer.
    Resolution: 1) To resolve this problem, reinstall SP1 for
    Windows XP. 2)
    Delete the NextID value
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersio
    n\Telephony\Cards\NextID,
    and then restart the computer. 3) Delete the Telephony
    key

    Guest, Jul 29, 2004