    is different from that of server

    How to fix?

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Dec 9, 2005

  2. Jimmy Dean

    Evan Platt Guest

    What is the error?

    Evan Platt, Dec 9, 2005

  3. Attempting to connecting in future. All your base will belong
    to us. Press any key to be assimilated the day after tomorrow.

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 9, 2005
  4. Jimmy Dean

    Dan Evans Guest

    Log as the local admin (choose the machine name from the list you see when
    you press "options" on the login box), set the time back a few minutes, log
    out, log in to the domain.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Dec 9, 2005
  5. Jimmy Dean

    Trax Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/88a7c

    Trax, Dec 9, 2005
  6. Jimmy Dean

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    Thanks, that looks to be the problem. For a friend with a business
    actually.

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Dec 10, 2005
  7. Jimmy Dean

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    In the end, the solution was blindingly simple:

    1. Check the time on the server

    2. Enter the BIOS on the problem PC and change its time to close to
    that of the server (within 5 seconds, but probably could have been up
    to at least 5 minutes different)

    => client PC now can login to domain

    thanx for all the suggestions

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Dec 12, 2005
  8. Jimmy Dean

    Imran Guest

    In future, Do the following on the client PC. This will configure the
    time on the client PC to match the Servers time.

    Start - Run - Type - \\servername /set

    Imran, Dec 13, 2005