    3.How do I change my isp address with my t mobile phone as a modem??
    Would changing my cell number change the isp?
    4.Is my email account through yahoo registered under my isp address.?

    completemassages, Jan 16, 2009

  2. completemassages

    Unruh Guest

    What do you call "my isp address"? Your name of your computer will change
    nothing external to the computer.
    Tell us what problem you are trying to solve, not your guess at a solution.
    We have no idea.

    Unruh, Jan 16, 2009

  3. completemassages

    John D Guest

    You are obviously knowledgeable about such things, Tim.

    Not meaning to hijack this thread, but ........ would you take a look at
    the posts in this thread and give me a view Re: Slip Stream Test 17
    January 2009 16:34GMT to be found here:
    microsoft.public.security.homeusers,microsoft.public.security.virus

    You say "If you lift the covers off the post properties which is shown
    then you see what is underneath"

    I'd be most grateful if you (or anyone else) would kindly explain what
    that means. TIA

    John D, Jan 17, 2009
  4. completemassages

    John D Guest

    My reply below

    Thank you for your reply, Tim

    The Header in question is the one from the post in the
    'microsoft.public.test.here' group from Marylin & Bob. I'll reproduce
    what I see here:-

    From: "Marilyn &. Bob" <>
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.test.here
    Subject: Re: Test 5
    Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 22:20:33 -0000

    ********************

    As far as I can see, there is *NO* IP address given away. Can you see
    one?

    Mr Foldes says "If you lift the covers off the post properties which is
    shown then you see what is underneath". Do you have any idea what he
    means?

    I notice that BoaterDave has raised this very topic today in
    'microsoft.public.security.homeusers'. Did you notice that post a few
    days ago when he placed a post he (BD) made some 3 (three!) years ago

    This was it:-

    PS Why, oh why, did you not answer my questions 3 years ago?

    (You say below ........ hidden for ...... ? autonomy, perhaps?)

    *****************************

    Cheers,

    John D, Jan 18, 2009
  5. completemassages

    John D Guest

    Some folk look deeper than others, Tim :)

    For example, see this thread (if you have time to spare!)
    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...q=I+think+I've+found+a+virus....++BoaterDave#

    John D, Jan 19, 2009
  6. completemassages

    ~BD~ Guest

    Just a note to apologise for not responding to your query, Guy.

    The test group to which you refer is my very own private newsgroup (!)
    where I can (and do) correspond with Peter Foldes and Andrew Taylor
    (both inmates of Annexcafe User2User newsgroups) - that's why I post to
    both groups.

    In case of doubt, I started posting as John D(oe) when first coming to
    the alt.computer.security group.

    Dave

    ~BD~, Apr 2, 2009
  7. completemassages

    ~BD~ Guest

    I've just been here!

    Quite a change from Cornwall, that's for sure!

    ~BD~, Apr 4, 2009