Change Master/Boot Hard Drive to Slave/Non boot Hard Drive & Visa Versa

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Steve808us, Jan 18, 2005.

  1. Steve808us

    Steve808us Guest

    On my latest computer, I installed onto it, my previous computer's
    hard drive as the master/boot drive (which has 98SE on it and is small,
    only 2 gigs), and made the 40 gig drive that came with the computer,
    the slave to which I also installed 98SE on a partition as well as
    Windows 2000 on another partition. But, I have not booted this 40
    gig hard drive up so long ago, I can't remember if it worked. I have
    not tested it since to see what OS I will get when it boots as the
    master.

    I just purchased an HP Officejet 5510 and HP's proprietary software
    will only load to my master/boot hard drive, which is full, thus only

    So, I've decided to make the larger 40 gig hard drive the master, so
    that I can install the full version of my HP Officejet 5510 software on
    I, and prevent things like this from happening in the future.

    If I make the master/boot hard drive the slave hard drive and visa
    versa through bios, and something goes wrong, can I just go back into
    bios and reverse it to the former setting, or, is there a better way of
    doing this?

    Thanks!

    Steve808us, Jan 18, 2005