Change MAC Address on a Cisco 350 series PCMCIA card

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by MethinX, Oct 16, 2004.

  1. MethinX

    MethinX Guest

    How do I change a factory MAC address on a Cisco Aironet 350 series PC
    Card adapter? The ACU help recommends not to change the factory-set
    MAC address and the statistics windows in ACU shows my current MAC as
    'factory'. All of this suggests that a "non-factory" setting for the
    MAC is somehow possible (though not recommended by Cisco), but I don't
    seem to be able to find a position where I can edit it in either the
    ACU or the properties tab for the adapter in Windows device manager.

    I use the latest ACU version. Should I be using some software other
    than ACU/older version thereof? Unfortunetely, I don't have a machine
    that runs Linux
    and has a PC card slot (i.e. Linux laptop of some sort) so I'd much
    prefer a solution that works on Windows this time around.

    Thanks a lot,

    MethinX

    MethinX, Oct 16, 2004