    themselves, and some I just don't like. In IE you could change the icon
    in Properties, but that doesn't seem to be the case with Firefox. Is
    there another way?

    WCH, Feb 20, 2005

  2. WCH

    Richard Guest

    Go to the firefox website and learn about skins.
    There a few things you can customize.

    Richard, Feb 20, 2005

  3. WCH

    samuel Guest

    Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird forums
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php

    groups netscape.public.mozilla.*

    samuel, Feb 20, 2005
  4. WCH

    fitwell Guest

    A fellow sufferer re this in Firefox! <g> I'm assuming you're talking
    mostly about the "Link"-like personal toolbar?

    The icons keep changing, if memory serves, because of a favicon-like
    behaviour. There seems to be some sort of problem w/Firefox in
    changing these icons because even the extension that is supposed to
    change them, that feature never worked for me.

    I tried for weeks and weeks and weeks to get a response over on the
    Mozilla ngs and over on the forum. No luck whatsoever.
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=109620&highlight=

    But wait, looking back at one of the posts, I'm not sure if I saw this
    or not (see here:
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=109622&highlight=), the
    bottom post says this:

    "PostPosted: 2004.08.07.th- 10:49
    Try adding this to your userChrome.css:
    Code:
    ..bookmark-item[label="BookmarkNameHere"] {
    list-style-image: url(picture.png) !important
    }
    This should replace the icon for a bookmark named BookmarkNameHere
    with the image picture.png located in the chrome directory of your
    profile. Substitute bookmark and image names as needed."

    I don't remember this (which doesn't mean much), and if I saw this, I
    definitely would have tried it. If I did try it, it didn't work as I
    still have all my generic icons. So I'll go try this now and report
    back.

    fitwell, Feb 20, 2005