    and IE - other people using my particular ISP report no problems though.

    The site is http://optical4less.com

    Any ideas? What to check for? Thanks.

    Paul Blarmy, Oct 30, 2005

  2. Paul Blarmy

    philo Guest

    the site loaded OK using IE6 (on my XP machine)
    saw no errors...but when i closed my browser a yellow triangle , exclamation
    point appeared momentarily in my system tray (no error message was
    specified)
    so...
    i assume the site has some minor irregularity..and is prob. not a problem
    with your machine's OS

    philo, Oct 30, 2005

  3. Paul Blarmy

    Trax Guest

    |>Any of you good people got any idea why I get:
    |>
    |>The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set
    |>of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:
    |>
    |>when trying to access a particular website? Happens with Firefox, Opera
    |>and IE - other people using my particular ISP report no problems though.
    |>
    |>The site is http://optical4less.com
    |>
    |>Any ideas? What to check for? Thanks.

    Nothing you can do on your end, other than send a copy of the error
    message to the Admin of the site. A CGI is run from and for the
    server. http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/cgi/

    Page loads fine for me with Opera.

    Trax, Oct 30, 2005
  4. Paul Blarmy

    Peptide One Guest

    Paul Blarmy wrote the following on 10/30/2005 4:05 AM:
    Codeflux validation found 100 markup errors on http://optical4less.com.
    Perhaps the admin should run Tidy on the site.

    Peptide One, Oct 30, 2005
  5. Paul Blarmy

    Paul Blarmy Guest

    On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 08:19:57 -0800, Peptide One wrote...
    Still doesn't explain why others can see the site and yet my set-up is
    fussy! Thanks for the reply.

    Paul Blarmy, Oct 30, 2005
  6. Paul Blarmy

    Paul Blarmy Guest

    On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 05:32:24 -0800, Trax wrote...
    Thanks for the info.

    Paul Blarmy, Oct 30, 2005
  7. Paul Blarmy

    Paul Blarmy Guest

    On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 07:30:01 -0600, philo wrote...
    Thanks for that, but still mystified as to why others can see the site
    and not me.

    Thanks for the response.

    Paul Blarmy, Oct 30, 2005
  8. Paul Blarmy

    AlmostBob Guest

    The site is poorly written,
    there are javascripts running to determine browser settings and alter the
    page to suit,
    there are no error trapping routines included in the called perl script to
    display a default page when security settings block such unauthorized access

    AlmostBob, Oct 31, 2005