"Certifications for Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 will be available in early 2006"

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by DST, Oct 25, 2005.

  1. DST

    DST Guest

    DST, Oct 25, 2005

  2. DST

    Vipul Patel Guest

    Vipul Patel, Oct 25, 2005

  3. DST

    Guest Guest

    Did I miss something, or is there no upgrade path for current MCADs? It seem
    like all current MCADs will have to start from scratch. Is this true?

    Guest, Oct 25, 2005
  4. DST

    Vipul Patel Guest

    There should be an upgrade path..

    I will post the link later

    Vipul Patel, Oct 25, 2005
  5. DST

    EggHead Guest

    The upgrade path is at the btm of the link
    MCAD - either 70-552 or 70-551
    MCSD - 70-553 and 70-554
    Egghead

    EggHead, Oct 25, 2005
  6. DST

    Guest Guest

    Does anyone know how long the MCSD certification will be available? At this
    site ( http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/faq/ ) Microsoft says to
    continue on if you've already started toward an MCSD. I've just purchased a
    complete set of MCSD courseware from AppDev and am wondering if I can still
    take all of the tests and get the certification in the next 6-12 months.
    (After that I would work on the tests to upgrade to one of the new
    certifications.)

    Bugwriter

    Guest, Oct 26, 2005
  7. DST

    Guest Guest

    FROM THE OTHER POST
    Blackmetal is very correct...

    Microsoft will continue to support the MCAD and MCSD.Net, till the support
    for .Net 1.0 & 1.1 will continue...

    MCAD and MCSD.Net will not be pulled away or dismissed only that newer cert
    family is now available, upgrade paths will be available and we encourage
    people to take upgrade paths whenever they are ready and have upgraded their
    skills to .Net 2.0...

    wishes
    Vishal R Joshi
    Product Planner - Technical