Discussion in 'MCAD' started by radhika, Oct 2, 2009.

  1. radhika

    radhika Guest


    I am an application developer and what exam should i consider for me to be
    qualified as MCP.

    since 70-315 expired what the equivalent to that now

    radhika, Oct 2, 2009
    1. Advertisements

  2. The one which covers the subject matter in which you have the most

    I also depends on whether your a WEB application developer or a WIN
    application developer.
    The 70-315 is the WEB certification for .NET v1.1, so I included the WEB
    certification information,

    That would be either the

    MCTS: .NET Framework v2.0 Web Applications

    or the

    MCTS: .NET Framework v3.5, ASP.NET Applications

    Both certifications require the 70-536 examination, so that would be your
    starting point.

    The .NET 2.0 certification then requires exam 70-528

    and the .NET 3.5 certification requires exam 70-562

    but if you are actually a Windows Application developer, then you might want
    to consider the

    MCTS: .NET Framework v2.0 Windows Applications which requires the 70-526

    or the
    MCTS: .NET Framework v3.5 Windows Forms Applications, which requires the
    70-505 exam

    Regardless of whether it's WEB or WINDOWS .. you still need the 70-536 in
    all pathways.


    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA
    Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2009)

    My Blog: http://onsitechsolutions.spaces.live.com
    Microsoft WSUS Website: http://www.microsoft.com/wsus
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Oct 2, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.