Certification - MCP versus MCSA versus MCSE

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Guest, Aug 24, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I would like to know which path I should follow... I have been working for a
    company as their computer guy for a few years and now would like to go out on
    my own. I have read a lot about small business server... do I have to be an
    MCSE/MCSA to qualify as a specialist, or is MCP enough?

    Guest, Aug 24, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi Canada (greetings from Montreal!),

    You cannot actually become certified in Small Business Server. The
    certification available is Certified Small Business Specialist, which you get
    by completing the following:

    1. Passing exam 070-282.
    2. Joining the Microsoft Partner Program and subscribing to the Action Pack.
    3. Passing an on-line sales test (in the partner site).

    Having said all of that, the first exam you pass (whether it is 070-282 or
    most any other) will qualify you as a Microsoft Certified Professional. From
    there you can go on to expand your knowledge and your certifications based on
    your goals. I have always said that to support SBS properly you should
    obtain a minimum of the MCSA cert, but that is not a requirement.

    When planning your certification path around SBS remember that SBS is
    comprised of several components, and it is a good idea to plan your electives
    around those (Exchange Server, ISA Server, SQL, etc...).

    Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

    Guest, Aug 24, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.