    comment, but for some odd reason people like to hide their idenTITIES in these
    NGs.

    LRM....if you're lurking....my apologies.

    Robert Williams, Jan 26, 2006

  2. TechGeekPro

    Neil Guest

    thier nice ones too

    Neil, Jan 26, 2006

  3. TechGeekPro

    MitchS Guest

    AND I QUOTE
    "(yeah, yeah promises, promises)" -Neil

    MitchS, Jan 26, 2006
  4. TechGeekPro

    Frisbee® Guest

    Amen to everything you said.

    Another problem with porting DOS apps to Windows is that no matter how hard
    you try, you just can't make it as fast for data entry people as your DOS
    app is. It is UNPOSSIBLE.

    Now, of course, Windows has its advantages, but a surprising number of our
    end users have indicated that they will continue to use our DOS apps until
    M$ makes it UNPOSSIBLE for them to do so.

    In the mean time, I continue to spend so much time on re-coding our
    accounting applications to Windows that I could've re-coded them from
    scratch in DOS ten times over.

    Frisbee®, Jan 26, 2006
  5. / \ / \
    / \ / \
    | O | | o |
    \ / \ /

    Robert Williams, Jan 26, 2006
  6. TechGeekPro

    CBIC Guest

    We're complicated like that. Remember the layers... or was it lawyers.

    CBIC, Jan 26, 2006
  7. TechGeekPro

    kpg Guest

    Robert Williams <>
    said something like

    Um, your nipples are differnet sizes.

    and get a manbra, for gawds sake.

    kpg, Jan 26, 2006
  8. TechGeekPro

    kpg Guest

    Frisbee® <> said something like

    Same page.

    We had a very successful DOS app which we have FORCED people
    to change to windows. Some like it (it looks nice), some
    hate it, some don't like it but think it's progress.

    The interesting thing that developers need to realize when
    they "upgrade" a system to windows is how the customers use
    the system. And trust me, they don't use it the way it was
    designed to be used. Customers come up with all kinds of
    creative ways to make the software do things they want it to
    but it was not designed to do. So when the migration happens,
    guess what? Most if not all of the "hidden" features are lost.

    Then there is just the usability of a DOS app. I was in a
    customer's office a while back, they were using the DOS
    program, this girl was entering policy numbers on a stack of
    policies she had from the daily mail. She would type ahead
    of the program, super fast, hitting the menu keys to get to
    into the policy, type in the policy number, then escaping
    out, even before the screens had caught up. Of course the DOS
    app just queued up those keystrokes and keeps going. It was
    beautiful.

    Try that in a windows program. A some point a modal window
    will bring the whole thing to a halt.

    I find it ironic that a simple 80 x 25 text screen can be such
    an efficient data entry mechanism and all those fancy widows
    gizmos just get in the way.

    kpg, Jan 26, 2006
  9. TechGeekPro

    kpg Guest

    We have layers of lawyers.

    kpg, Jan 26, 2006
  10. You're very observant

    Robert Williams, Jan 26, 2006
  11. TechGeekPro

    kpg Guest

    Lots of practice.

    kpg, Jan 26, 2006
  12. TechGeekPro

    Guest Guest

    This goes for all u small-minded mcngp p-mps

    Speaking of idiots like your selves &your fellow fart heads on this forum.
    I found u amusing how the real morons use the word “idiot†to manipulate
    and hide behind it. While your participation on discussion boards speaks
    Valium of how stupid, ignorant and disgusting creatures u all are with a
    brain that is no wiser then rat a$$!!

    Your only defense is (killfile/plonk) and useless stupid teen slings and
    twisted words…. still u criticize my engrish spelling?; that shows what can
    of very worked up pu$$ies you all come from.
    Well.. Guess what! English is my fifth language you morons and you seem to
    be proud for barley mastering one solo language;. that proves your birth
    certificate is nothing but an apology to the society u slipt your ugly head
    in to.

    You know well this forum was created for people to discuss and share a broad
    knowledge on IT and it certifications and not come here to read your useless
    trashy comments.
    Either ways.. I interview losers like you all, almost every day and be sure
    it was me--if your job interview didn’t last for a min in the future;.

    and Btw.. u made this place a great short break for me to laugh and divert
    attention from a$$holes like you that I deal with in real world workplace
    :)-|))

    So keep chewing and trashing this forum if you find it hard to swallow..
    that’s all what u are. And goo bye!

    Guest, Jan 26, 2006
  13. TechGeekPro

    Frisbee® Guest

    Okay you guys who plonked him, I'm replying just so you can see this gem of
    a poast.

    See what you're missing? It's genius, I tell you. Pure genius.

    The world's greatest troll could not put forth such material. No way.

    Frisbee®, Jan 26, 2006
  14. TechGeekPro

    kpg Guest

    What's funny, put it in ROT-13 and it makes more sense.

    kpg, Jan 26, 2006
  15. TechGeekPro

    MitchS Guest

    We know that he will be quoted by one of you non-plonkers so there is really
    no loss.

    MitchS, Jan 26, 2006
  16. TechGeekPro

    MitchS Guest

    Now we all know that the database isn't that important, right TGP? No not
    just kidding... don't hit me.

    MitchS, Jan 26, 2006
  17. TechGeekPro

    CBIC Guest

    In
    Your post speaks Valiums. LOLLERSKATES

    CBIC, Jan 26, 2006
  18. TechGeekPro

    JaR Guest

    the plaintive wail of Frisbee®:
    Uh, no, I wasn't missing much at all. What a fscktard.

    Valium?

    Furrfu.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Jan 26, 2006
  19. TechGeekPro

    Frisbee® Guest

    Well, perhaps the art of unintentionally hilarious poast appreciation is
    lost on some people.

    It's an acquired taste, I suppose, to be able to generally discern the
    people who are intentionally trying to be trollish versus the ones who
    really are that stupid.

    Frisbee®, Jan 27, 2006
  20. TechGeekPro

    TechGeekPro Guest

    Grrrrr.....

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100

    Any instrument when dropped will roll into the least accessible corner.

    TechGeekPro, Jan 27, 2006