    either.

    Like I said, not really an issue, but I'd like to resolve it just the
    same. Thanks.

    ttripp, Dec 27, 2007

  2. ttripp

    Thrill5 Guest

    You get the error because it is a self-signed certificate, which means that
    it was not issued from a certificate authority that is trusted by your web
    browser. The error is not an "error" but a popup from your browser asking
    you if you trust the certificate that it is being presented. You have three
    1) Ignore and click through the popup
    2) Create a new certificate from you own internal certificate authority for
    the device and use that one instead of the self-signed certificate. If you
    don't have an internal certificate authority, you would need to create one,
    and then install the trusted root certificate from this certificate
    authority on all your web browsers. You only need to do this once, and then
    you could create certificates internally for anything that needs a
    certificate (like internal web sites secured via SSL).
    3) Pay a fee and have a certificate for each device issued by one of the
    trusted root certificate authorities such as Verisign.

    Thrill5, Dec 27, 2007