cellphoneforever on ebay

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Guest, Oct 31, 2012.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    A few days ago I bought an HTC Touch Pro 2 on ebay from a trader
    called cellphoneforever

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HTC-Tou...1090370383?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item3f1e3ec74f

    http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_touch_pro2-2690.php

    The ebay condition category is listed as "new other" which means it's
    either brand new, never used, or factory second.
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item-condition.html

    The seller describes it as "A brand-new, unlocked, undamaged cell
    phone."

    I bought it and paid for expedited international shipping. After a
    few days I discovered they had sent it to me by standard shipping and
    it would take 15 to 25 working days. I communicated with
    cellphoneforever and asked them to ship me another one immediately
    with fast shipping at their cost but they refused, saying there was no
    fast shipping to my country any more and they would refund me $10-00
    (the refund should actually be U.S. $25). Ebay/ paypal have opened a
    dispute case for me but are now waiting for the cellphone to actualy
    be delivered to me.

    As a result of this, I discovered that cellphoneforever are actually
    mabili international traders
    http://mabili123.en.ec21.com/
    who sell refurbished cellphones.

    At U.S. $90, the price is ok for a used cellphone in good condition a
    bargain for a new one. Good value or not, advertising something as
    new when it isn't is probably illegal.

    Is there any way to tell if the cellphone is actually brand new
    unused, apart from scratches on the display or case etc. Do
    electronic components exhibit any visible signs of wear?

    Guest, Oct 31, 2012

  2. Guest

    JohnO Guest

    I would check inside the case - many have a moisture indicator that shows whether the thing has been dunked.

    JohnO, Oct 31, 2012

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Except that large numbers of people are buying from them with 97%
    reporting satisfaction.

    Guest, Oct 31, 2012
  4. That's 3 % that have said they are unhappy. There will probably be more who
    don't care enough to complain.

    Then there's the people that may not know they have got a refurbished phone
    instead of a factory second and would be unhappy if they knew ?

    3 % of a lot of sales is already a lot of unhappy people.

    And it seems to me that lying about their product is a really good reason to
    have nothing to do with them. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 1, 2012
  5. Guest

    JohnO Guest

    Hmmm...

    Anyhoo, if you purchase something with Paypal on Ebay and it doesn't turn up or is not as described etc you can take advantage of Ebay's buyer protection and get the charge reversed.

    JohnO, Nov 1, 2012
  6. Guest

    Richard Guest

    Not always. Depends which ebay site you go thru as a friend found out.
    Less protection on something he bid on via the .uk one even tho it was
    coming from a seller in hong kong.

    Richard, Nov 1, 2012
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Nov 1, 2012
  8. Guest

    susanna13-ca

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2013
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Cellphoneforever--No Scam

    In June, 2013, I bought a Sony Ericson Xperia off Ebay from Cellphoneforever. I paid 2/3 less than retail. At least. It only took 6 days to deliver, which is pretty good, from China to Canada. It is in perfect cosmetic condition, so far it works great, and came 'Unlocked' like it was supposed to. I have read these reviews so I took it to an "Unlocking" store and the IEMI #, the Serial#, everything checks out. They looked it over on the inside and also said it looks good. So for those who are concerned they are going to be scammed, here is a good review to ease the panic. 5 stars from me! *****

    susanna13-ca, Jun 13, 2013
  9. Guest

    susanna13-ca

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2013
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    My phone is perfect! Shipping was quick, I am very satisfied.

    susanna13-ca, Jun 13, 2013