    Jack Hammond Guest

    Would you believe that Vodafone send a Automatic TXT top up warning message at 3AM..

    You with think they had some manners and restrict these Auto TXT message to say between 9AM-9PM..

    Jack Hammond, Sep 23, 2006

  2. The message was probably sent much earlier in the day, but ended up
    being delivered late due to load. For example, I got a text message
    saying "Happy New Year" about 3am on January 3rd 2000... more than two
    days after it was sent.

    Is Vodafone offerint free/cheap text weekends at the moment?

    It is possible to set the message validity on outgoing text messages so
    this doesn't happen (the message is instead dropped and not delivered).

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Sep 23, 2006

  3. Jack Hammond

    Tilly Guest

    That's odd. My phone has required top up on a couple of occasions and I
    never received a message.Maybe this is a new service.I know that Vodasfone
    was having trouble with their txt top up service yesterday and when I called
    them they said they were working on improving it.

    Tilly, Sep 23, 2006
  4. Jack Hammond

    Rob Guest

    I topped up 2 days ago and got a pleasant surprise. A 50% bonus. Top-ups
    have to be done by sometime on 30 sept. (I deleted the message, so can't
    say what time) So it's a good time to top up now.

    Rob

    Rob, Sep 24, 2006
  5. Jack Hammond

    Tilly Guest

    Rob wrote:

    A bonus everyone is getting?
    Why do they have be done by September 30th?

    Tilly, Sep 24, 2006
  6. Jack Hammond

    Rob Guest

    AFAIR it is for all prepay customers, and only for a limited period. I
    got the message after I topped up.

    Rob

    Rob, Sep 24, 2006
  7. Jack Hammond

    Tilly Guest

    I topped up and got a 500% bonus!

    Tilly, Sep 24, 2006
  8. Jack Hammond

    Jack Hammond Guest

    ONLY for Selected customers that have been TXT about it..

    Jack Hammond, Sep 24, 2006
  9. Jack Hammond

    Tilly Guest

    I wasn't txted about it and I got it.

    Tilly, Sep 24, 2006
  10. Jack Hammond

    Tilly Guest

    Surely you are kidding? ROTFLMAO.

    Tilly, Sep 24, 2006
  11. How would they know which time zone you were in?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 24, 2006
  12. Hint: "cell" phones are also known as "mobile" phones.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 24, 2006
  13. Jack Hammond

    Tilly Guest

    Yes, but you can't top up a prepaid OS (unless you purchase the top up
    before leaving).

    Tilly, Sep 24, 2006
  14. Jack Hammond

    Rob Guest

    I top mine up from my bank account via the cellphone. I can do that
    anywhere in the world if I'm willing to pay the international rates.

    Rob

    Rob, Sep 24, 2006
  15. Jack Hammond

    Tilly Guest

    Yes, but it's better to top up bigtime before leaving.

    Tilly, Sep 24, 2006
  16. Jack Hammond

    Tilly Guest

    But the point is he was in NZ where there is only one time zone!
    Well two .....if you include the Chathams.

    Tilly, Sep 24, 2006
  17. Jack Hammond

    Warwick Guest

    by the location of the mast your cell phone is connected to.
    And possibly GPS if the phone supports it.

    cheers

    Warwick, Sep 24, 2006
  18. Yes, but it would be an exceptional accounts department that filtered its
    top-up notifications based on your current location, wouldn't it?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 24, 2006
  19. Assuming 1) they actually _know_ where all the masts are, and 2) they're
    going to pass that information overseas.
    Still a bit unusual, methinks.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 24, 2006
  20. Jack Hammond

    Peter Ashby Guest

    to say between 9AM-9PM..

    Whenever my teenage children complained to me of being woken at 3am by
    their cell phones they received no sympathy at all since they could have
    availed themselves of the off button. You get the same level of
    sympathy.

    Peter

    Peter Ashby, Sep 24, 2006