CEF table on 3750 contains inactive next-hops

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by apsolar, Jul 15, 2007.

  1. apsolar

    apsolar Guest

    Hello Everyone,

    I have policy based routing setup on our 3750s located at 4 remote
    sites. I have setup the policy based routing with "set ip next-hop
    verify-availability" option and also enabled CDP on the 3750 and the
    next-hop (WAAS engine).
    Here comes the weird bit. In case the WAAS engine fails, the 3750
    should stop policy routing. This failover works at one of our sites
    but the other 3 sites loose all their connectivity. This is because
    the 3750 is still forwarding packets to the inactive WAAS engine.

    I checked the CDP neighbor list and the engine is not listed in it
    when its down. But the engine is still listed at the next hop in the
    CEF table (show ip cef).

    I have tried disabling ip route-cache cef on the interface but that
    didn't help. I also compared the configs on all 3750s and they look no
    different.

    I need some urgent help here. This issue is like a disaster waiting to
    happen.

    All the 3750s are running : IOS (tm) C3750 Software (C3750-I5-M),
    Version 12.2(20)SE4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

    regards
    Ankit

    apsolar, Jul 15, 2007