    the music (I listen to far out music, experimental) or maybe it was a
    VBR thing...

    any ideas?

    Muse Gruppes, Mar 17, 2007

  2. Muse Gruppes

    Muse Gruppes Guest

    I should have added this:
    "Early VBR algorithms occasionally introduced audible artifacts when
    encoding monotone or minimal tones (for example audiobooks and acoustic
    music). These artifacts often mimicked a "digital chirp" during the
    quiet portions of the song or when there was only speaking. As VBR
    encoding algorithms have improved, these problems have been resolved in
    subsequent generations of the VBR standard."

    how true is this statement in your opinion?

    Muse Gruppes, Mar 17, 2007

  3. Muse Gruppes

    Sonic Guest

    Who cares anyway, test rip at a high bit rate - not variable,
    and test compress further 'till you find the rate before audible
    jitter intrudes.

    Sonic, Mar 17, 2007