CDA on Windows Media Player 9 ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dangerous Dave, Oct 1, 2005.

  1. Can you burn CD tracks to Windows Media Player in CDA format, and if so how?
    I am using WMP9 on XP it only seems to do wma and gives me no options.

    Dangerous Dave, Oct 1, 2005

  2. Dangerous Dave

    old jon Guest

    CDDA files are used on (surprise) CDs. To get them playing in WMPlayer.
    Use something like `Audiograbber` (free), which will convert them to mp3.
    Smaller files.
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Oct 1, 2005

  3. The problem is that my burned Cd's won't play on my old CD player.
    (I know someone is going to say buy a new CD player, but that isn't really
    going to be helpful.)

    Dangerous Dave, Oct 1, 2005
  4. Dangerous Dave

    old jon Guest

    DOWN THE BOTTOM
    What are you trying to do D. ?. Are you trying to compose your own CDs, copy
    CDs
    or what ?.
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Oct 1, 2005
  5. I compose my own music using a program called Cakewalk, when it's finished I
    burn the songs to CD. They play ok on my comp (because they are recorded as
    wma) but I also want them to be playable on a CD player which does not
    support wma. i.e. pre 2000AD

    Dangerous Dave, Oct 1, 2005
  6. Dangerous Dave

    Brian Guest

    convert them to mp3 using an app. such as audiograbber and then create an
    audio cd using any burning software of your choice.

    Brian, Oct 2, 2005