    failed installs I thought to look at the CD and then noted the bit
    about being tied to the original hardware.

    As you say, XP is no big deal because of the inbuilt burning engine.

    Oldus Fartus, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Ardent

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    As an FYI, my Nero CDs says;
    Top:
    Nero
    BURNING ROM

    Bottom:
    Ahead Software
    www.nero.com

    Left:
    CD kit contains:
    CD-WR Manual and Utility
    Nero and InCD
    Nero Quick Start Manual
    Acrobat Reader"

    Right:
    The software will only work with the CD-recorder it came bundled with.
    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    website: under construction

    DeMoN LaG, Dec 20, 2003

  3. Ardent

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Yep. Same thing with mine.

    As an aside, the last one I bought about a month ago (Liteon 52x32x52)
    only has Nero Express instead of the full Nero Burning Rom.

    Oldus Fartus, Dec 20, 2003
  4. Ardent

    Ardent Guest

    Thanks to all those who responded.

    It looks as if bundled software are specific for the CDRW drive with
    which it is supplied. Maybe a patch to the exe file that is applied by
    the OEM.

    In fact various flavors of NERO found in cover CDs also can create
    only image files, as far as I can see.

    Thanks again

    Ardent, Dec 21, 2003