    put an old hard drive back in the machine to copy some old files to a new
    hard drive and then I removed the old hard drive again. Did this screw up my
    BIOS?

    John V. Boyle, Oct 10, 2003

  2. John V. Boyle

    °Mike° Guest

    Make sure that you haven't disturbed/loosened the CD cables
    when you were working inside the box. Check all cables,
    and make sure they are seated snuggly.

    °Mike°, Oct 10, 2003

  3. Checked them a number of times, and they seem to be where they should.
    What's next?

    John V. Boyle, Oct 10, 2003
  4. John V. Boyle

    °Mike° Guest

    Please include some of the message you are replying to.

    Next? Have you physically removed and replaced the cables/cards?
    Not just look to see that "they seem to be where they should".

    °Mike°, Oct 10, 2003
  5. Next? Have you physically removed and replaced the cables/cards?
    Yes, a couple of times.

    John V. Boyle, Oct 10, 2003
  6. John V. Boyle

    °Mike° Guest

    Boot into Safe Mode and remove any and ALL entries for
    your CDRW/DVD devices from Device Manager. Reboot
    and see if they are re-detected.

    °Mike°, Oct 10, 2003
  7. John V. Boyle

    Grimtooth Guest

    I am having this same problem, and I haven't opened my case at all.
    Actually, I started another post about it, because I hadn't seen this one,
    yet.

    Grimtooth, Oct 21, 2003
  8. I can't see the original post, but if this is WinXP, it's common and
    easy to fix.

    Can you pls provide the details, which are missing from view on some
    short-retention news servers?

    Tergiversative, Oct 21, 2003